Glass Block and Vinyl Replacement Church Windows – Decorative, Functional and Secure
St. Peters Church - Rome Italy
Colored Glass Block Church Windows
OK – you’re church is probably not as dramatic and awe-inspiring as St. Peter’s in Rome I photographed on a recent vacation…but that is no reason you can’t have functional, secure, and decorative church windows. Here are some key points to consider when designing and ordering these windows:
• Do you want colors to radiate into the space?
– The best way to add vibrant colors is by using stained glass windows
or colored glass blocks
. The advantage of stained glass is the ability to create elaborated designs in the glass. The advantage of the colored glass blocks is they are energy efficient, available in a wide range of standard and custom colors and provide are very difficult to break.
• Consider which windows you want to replace– The most common replacement windows for a religious institution include:
• Identify the type of window you need – Preferred window types include the following:
• Measure twice and order and install once
– Make sure to measure all of the masonry or rough framed openings twice. For vinyl windows the frame size is consistent but the glass package can be varied to ensure a better quality installation. For glass block commercial windows
the mortar or grout joints between the blocks can be changed to make a nice fit.
Have you recently replaced any church windows and can offer some helpful tips on this type of project? Can I help you with an upcoming project?
To learn more about glass block or vinyl replacement church windows visit Cleveland Glass Block (216-531-6363) , Columbus Glass Block (614-252-5888) , Mid America Glass Block (513-742-5900) of Cincinnati and Dayton, Cleveland Window Company or Clear Choice Window & Door.
· Sam Adams Brewery Reduces Energy Costs in Hard to Reach Industrial Factory Windows – Cincinnati Ohio